Comprehensive Heart and& Vascular Care
Why Choose Baptist Cardiovascular Center Services
Located in the heart of the Mid-South, Baptist Memorial Health Care understands the importance of high-quality heart and vascular services care for diagnosis, treatment and prevention. That’s why the Baptist Heart Institute is the centerpiece of the Baptist system is the Baptist Heart Institute.
The best part about this facilityour cardiovascular center is the convenience. – it Baptist combiness all cardiovascular services into one facility to support high-quality cardiac care, research, education and data management.
Heart & Vascular Conditions We TreatCardiovascular Disease Treatments at Baptist
Our team of trained cardiologists deliver advanced diagnostics and cardiovascular disease treatments to help Mid-South patients achieve and maintain cardiovascular health. Learn about the heart and vascular conditions we treat at Baptist.
- Aneurysm: a bulging or a weakness in the wall of a blood vessel
- Angina: chest pain that can extend to the left arm, shoulder or jaw
- Arrhythmias: irregular heartbeat (too fast, or too slow, or skipping beats), including atrial fibrillation
- Cardiomyopathy: diseases in coronary muscle tissue, including an enlarged heart
- Coronary heart disease: coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and carotid artery disease
- Heart attack: (myocardial infarction), an interruption of the blood supply to the heart’s muscle tissue
- Heart failure: weakened or damaged heart muscle causing the heart to work too hard to keep up with the body’s blood demands
- Peripheral artery and peripheral vascular disease: nNarrowing of arteries that reduce blood flow to your limbs
- Stroke: a blocked blood vessel depriving areas of the brain of oxygen,; including ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) — . sSince this problem ends up affecting the brain, neurologists may collaborate with the heart specialist for stroke cases
- Valvular heart disease: heart valve damage caused by rheumatic fever, infections, connective tissue disorders, radiation treatments or medications
Heart and& Vascular Tests and ProceduresDiagnostic Tests Offered
Diagnosis is the first step in treating cardiovascular disease. Learn about cardiovascular disease tests, screenings and procedures, from standard stress tests and echocardiograms to the latest non-invasive methods at Baptist Memorial Hospital.
- Stress tests
A stress test, called an exercise stress test or electrocardiogram (ECG), shows how your heart works during physical activity. It determines the amount of stress that your heart can take before showing signs of damage such as an abnormal rhythm. A nuclear stress test uses radioactive dye and an imaging machine to create pictures showing the blood flow to your heart.
- Catheterization procedures and tests
These procedures help cardiologists diagnose and treat certain cardiovascular conditions, such as disease of the heart muscle, valves or coronary (heart) arteries. During cardiac catheterization, a long thin tube called a catheter is inserted in an artery or vein in your groin, neck or arm and threaded through your blood vessels to your heart.
- Electrophysiology procedures and tests
Electrophysiology (EP) focuses on the electrical system of your heart. Baptist heart doctors use procedures such as cardioversion, EP studies and ablations, permanent pacemakers, internal cardiac defibrillators, biventricular pacemakers and defibrillators, internal loop recorders, and tilt table tests.
Baptist Heart Fund
The Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation's Heart Fund provides financial support for initiatives that benefit heart patients and their care. Donations are earmarked for research, equipment, staff education and other patient-related needs. So far, the fund has provided thousands of dollars for equipment for heart patients, including the HeartMate® left ventricular assist devices that keep heart transplant patients alive while awaiting they await donor hearts.
Heart and Vascular Care Locations
Baptist Memorial Health Care unites the Mid-South with advances in cardiology research, leading-edge cardiac care and cardiovascular disease treatment. Get the support you need close to home at our cardiovascular center locations.
All Medical Specialties
No matching specialties