Sleep Disorders Treatment
The Sleep Disorders Centers at Baptist provide diagnostic services and treatment to patients who show symptoms of a sleep disorder. Across the system, over 5,000 studies are performed annually. More than 80 sleep disorders can affect sleep.
Common disorders monitored in the sleep center are obstructive sleep apnea, snoring, periodic limb movements, narcolepsy and insomnia. Some studies indicate that chronic sleep loss also may contribute to diabetes, heart disease, obesity and other age-related chronic disorders.
Let's Connect You to the Care You Need
Baptist is here to help you through all your healthcare needs. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The Baptist Sleep Disorders Centers treat a variety of sleep-related problems:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a nighttime breathing disorder. Signs of this disorder include loud snoring, abnormal breathing and excessive daytime sleepiness. Lung problems, heart problems and stroke may complicate this disorder. Sleep apnea has been linked to serious cardiovascular problems.
- Restless Legs Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder are discomforts or twitching in the legs that occurs after going to bed causing sleep disruption. The restless legs syndrome can be seen in up to 30 percent of patients older than age 65.
- Narcolepsy is a disorder of excessive daytime sleepiness, characterized by sudden and uncontrollable attacks of deep sleep.
- Parasomnias are disruptive sleep-related behaviors that range from night terrors to sleep walking.
- Insomnia is the chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time.
If you think you might have a sleep disorder, download, print, and maintain this sleep diary to log activities relevant to your sleep quality. Having this information ready will help our sleep experts with diagnosing and treating your disorder.
Sleep Disorders Center Locations
The Sleep Disorders Centers use advanced digital technology and offer all-night polysomnographic monitoring and daytime nap testing by highly trained technicians. Each treatment is individualized based on the patient’s needs.
Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterMAP1225 North State StreetJackson, MS 39202
Baptist Memorial Hospital-BoonevilleMAP100 Hospital StreetBooneville, MS 38829
Baptist Memorial Hospital-ColliervilleMAP1500 W Poplar AveCollierville, TN 38017
Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSotoMAP7601 Southcrest ParkwaySouthaven, MS 38671
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden TriangleMAP2520 5th StreetNorth Columbus, MS 39705
Baptist Memorial Hospital-North MississippiMAP1100 Belk BoulevardOxford, MS 38655
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union CityMAP1201 Bishop StreetUnion City, TN 38261
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union CountyMAP200 Highway 30 WestNew Albany, MS 38652
Sleep Disorders CenterMAP
A service of Baptist Carroll County205 Hospital DriveMcKenzie, TN 38201