Baptist Memorial Home Care
Home Care Allows Patients to Get Better at Home.
Skilled nurses, therapists and other medical team members provide temporary rehabilitative and curative care. Baptist Home Care staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are covered by Medicare and many private insurance plans. Skilled nurses and therapists work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide care to help patients manage their own health where patients want to be, at home. Home care includes medication management, disease education, and teaching patients and caregivers how to assist with wound care and therapies to help patients feel the best they can. Our therapists can help patients get stronger, recovering from surgeries and falls. We assist patients with activities of daily living and be as independent as they can.
Home Care Patient Criteria
- Patients must be homebound. According to Medicare, this means a patient may leave the home only infrequently, and it must require taxing effort to do so.
- Patient must have a need for "skilled" services: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or skilled nursing.
- Medications are not covered as part of Home Care services, though certain supplies are.
Home Care Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- IV Therapy
- Postsurgical Care
- Certified Nursing Assistant Care
Telehealth Health Monitoring System
Using the latest tele-health technology, our team can monitor patient vitals such as weight, blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen level from a remote location every day.
We also offer specialized education and care plans for patients facing chronic illnesses, including CHF, COPD and pneumonia, teaching them how to manage their diseases. Learn more about our Hospice and Palliative Care services.
Home Care Service Areas
- Huntingdon office, serving: Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Gibson, Henry, Humphreys, and Weakley counties.
- Memphis office, serving: Fayette, Haywood, Lauderdale, Shelby, and Tipton counties.
- Union City office serving: Dyer, Lake, and Obion counties.
- Batesville and Southaven offices, serving: DeSoto, Marshall, Benton, Tippah, Tate, Quitman, Panola, Lafayette, Union, Pontotoc, Lee, Tallahatchie, Yalobusha, Calhoun, Chickasaw, and Grenada counties.
- Columbus office, serving Clay, Lowndes, Monroe, Noxubee, and Oktibbeha counties.