Women's Health Center
The Baptist Women’s Health Center is a full-service mammography and osteoporosis testing center dedicated to women’s health. Everything from screening mammograms to diagnostic mammograms are offered, as well as lymphedema treatment, education on breast health, and a breast cancer support group.
The center was among the first seven facilities in the nation to have a full-field digital mammography machine, and continues to lead the way in innovative care by offering:
- The region's first Breast Risk Management Center, including genetics counseling, for patients who may be at high risk for developing breast cancer.
- The only MRI-guided breast biopsies.
- The only mobile mammography units in Shelby County (including digital mammography).
- Second Look®, a computer-aided detection system that assists radiologists in early breast cancer detection without lengthening a patient's exam or office visit.
- Radiologists dedicated to mammography and breast imaging.
- Same-day results and consultation with doctors for diagnostic mammograms.
- Breast health specialists specializing in breast health who coordinate any necessary care and provide support to the patient.
All of this has contributed to the Women's Health Center being nationally recognized as an ACR-accredited center of excellence in mammograms, stereo biopsy, and breast ultrasound — the only center of excellence in East Memphis. Plus, our high-quality of care has been recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the American College of Radiology, placing our facility in the top fi ve percent of the nation for clinical excellence.
Clinical Excellence in a Spa-Like Setting
Besides offering advanced care, our new dedicated facility has been designed with the patient's comfort in mind.
Patients can relax by the water feature, browse art that has been created by survivors, or enjoy a 10-minute getaway in a massage chair while waiting for their diagnostic images to be evaluated.
The center is also equipped with warm lighting, robes, and other special touches to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Convenient Satellite Mammography Center at Macy's Oak Court Mall
In addition to our mobile mammography unit, the Women's Health Center also introduced the first retail-based mammography center to Memphis, located in the Macy's department store at Oak Court Mall.
The convenient satellite location features screening mammography. No appointment is necessary, and short-range pagers are provided for patients who want to shop until their examination time arrives. The all-female staff also will provide breast care, as well as other educational materials.
4545 Poplar Ave.
The Women's Health Center Boutique
Putting hard-to-find medical items in one familiar location, our boutique makes it easy for women to access and get advice about a wide range of services and products for maternity/nursing, post-operative mastectomy, incontinence and plastic surgery patients. Private, one-on-one consultations are offered.