Baptist Career FAQs
Thank you for your interest in a career at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation. As you consider employment with us, we invite you to review our informative list of job applicants' frequently asked questions (FAQs).
How Can I Begin a Career in Health Care?
- Non-clinical positions such as clerical, support and professional possess the same prerequisites as other jobs in this field.
- Health care positions such as nurses, radiologists, therapists, lab technicians or technologists, respiratory therapists or pharmacy professionals, require additional training.
- Pursuing a health care education, visit Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences or if you have questions, call 866-575-2247.
- Baptist Memorial Health Care serves the Mid-South with hospitals in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Does Baptist Train People for Certain Positions?
It depends on the minimum requirements for the position. In general, Baptist does not offer training programs and requires that applicants are appropriately certified to qualify for consideration. For more information about the background or training required for current Baptist positions, please view the job postings on our Careers page.
Where is the Employment Office and When is it Open?
The Memphis employment services office is open to applicants from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on observed holidays. If you’re not applying in Memphis, please contact the local Baptist Memorial Hospital in your area for the facility’s HR hours.
How Do I Find Out the Status of My Application?
Your status is updated in iCIMS, our applicant tracking system. Applications are reviewed by a recruiter who forwards applications of qualified candidates to the hiring manager(s) for consideration. The manager reviews all qualified applications and schedules interviews at his or her discretion. Employment services or human resources cannot put you in touch with hiring managers.
Am I Eligible for Rehire?
Former Baptist employees are normally informed at the time of their separation whether or not they would be eligible for rehire in the future. If you are a former employee interested in returning to Baptist and are unsure of your status, we encourage you to place an application on file with us. Should you be considered for hire, your status will be evaluated at that time along with many other hiring factors, including education, experience and licensure.
I am a Former Employee and Wonder if I Can Bridge Back into the System?
Baptist will bridge the hire date of returning employees if:
- The employee was full-time at Baptist for at least one (1) year.
- The employee is returning to Baptist full-time, but has been out of the system for less than six (6) months.
- The employee was full-time at the time of termination.
What Happens to my Application if I Don't Receive an Offer for a Particular Position?
Even if the position for which you have applied is filled, you’re still considered for similar positions.
What's Your Starting Pay?
Pay ranges vary by position and experience. If you are called for an interview, the manager or interviewer may discuss pay with you following the interview.
Does Baptist Offer Sign-on Bonuses?
No. Baptist provides excellent benefits and competitive pay to all employees. We strive for excellent patient care and the only way to offer that is to have employees who are well cared for and content with their employment.