Baptist Women's Health Center
The Baptist Women's Health Center is a full-service mammography and osteoporosis testing center dedicated to women's health. Medical Services include screening and diagnostic mammograms, lymphedema treatment, education on breast health, and a breast cancer support group. The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and the American College of Radiology (ACR) has placed our facility in the top two percent in the nation for Quality and Clinical Excellence. The Women's Health Center is an ACR-accredited center of excellence in mammograms, stereotactic biopsy, and breast ultrasound.
Baptist Women's Health Center is all about the quality of care you will receive the moment arrive. We have an all female clinical staff, all female radiologists who are specialist in breast care, plus front door parking, comfortable robes and sitting rooms while preparing for your exams.
Clinical Excellence in a Comfortable Setting
Undergoing testing for conditions as serious as breast cancer can be overwhelming. We understand, knowing it can create anxiety and tension. Patients can relax by the water feature, browse art that has been created by survivors, or enjoy a 10-minute getaway in a massage chair while waiting for their diagnostic images to be evaluated. The center is also equipped with warm lighting, cozy robes, and other special touches to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Quality and Awards
- The Women’s Health Center was the first center dedicated to women’s imaging in the mid-south
- The region’s first Breast Risk Management Program, including genetics counseling, for patients who may be at high risk for developing breast cancer
- The first to establish MRI-guided breast biopsies
- Serving the Mid-south with convenient access to mammography for over 30 years with the first Mobile mammography unit in Shelby County
- Second Look®, a computer-aided detection system that assists radiologists in early breast cancer detection without lengthening a patient’s exam or office visit
- 6 Female Radiologists with more than 100 years combined experience dedicated to mammography and breast imaging
- Same-day results and consultation with breast radiologists for diagnostic exams
- Breast nurse navigators — certified oncology nurses who guide patients through the diagnostic process
- Dedicated nurse practitioner who manages patients who are at high risk, who have benign breast conditions or are survivors
- First FDA-approved automated breast ultrasound in the Mid-South, designed to detect cancers earlier in patients who have dense breast tissue
- Innovative 3D technology that delivers high image quality without increasing dosage as compared to 2D mammography through the GE SenoClaire 3D detector exclusively at Baptist
- The first center to provide seed localization for non-palpable breast lesions
- Baptist One Care, Integrated electronic health records to provide timely test results to patients and physicians
- My Chart gives patients access to scheduling, mammogram results and health records at their fingertips
- The Mid-south’s first Breast Disparities Coordinator to address the race-specific mortality rates of breast cancer through education, mammography and other grass-root efforts
- Since 2008, the Women’s Health Center has been nationally recognized as an American College of Radiology (ACR) -accredited center of excellence in mammograms, stereotactic biopsy, and breast ultrasound — the first Center of Excellence in East Memphis
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) since 2011