Benefits and Perks of the Program
As an OB-GYN medical resident at Baptist Memorial Health Care, you may be able to take advantage of a number of benefits and perks available to you. Health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, paid time off (PTO) and sick leave are available, as well as fully funded meals and professional leave for pre-approved meetings. View our benefits package.
The salary package is competitive for the Memphis area. The rounded 2020-2021 salaries are:
In addition to the stipend information listed above, Baptist provides:
- Health insurance coverage for medical residents and their dependents, including a spouse and children
- Fully funded basic life insurance coverage for medical resident
- Vacation/Holiday compensation for up to 23 days per academic year, non-cumulative
- Educational leave for one pre-approved board-review meeting for each resident, including a travel reimbursement package
- Fully funded long-term disability coverage after 30 days of employment
- Fully funded meals provided through the Physicians’ Dining Room
- Confidential counseling services
- Additional benefits are available, including supplementary life insurance for residents, their spouse and children, accident insurance and pet insurance
Living in Memphis
Those considering Baptist’s OB-GYN Residency Program will enjoy exploring Memphis life. There’s a lot to see, hear, taste and do in Memphis, and you never have to go far to enjoy all this city has to offer.