MBMC Student and Faculty Orientation
We are delighted to host students for clinical experiences. We hope your experiences enhance your education and growth as a future healthcare provider.
Since 1911, Mississippi Baptist Medical Center has served Mississippi as a Christian-based, non-profit comprehensive medical center. At Baptist Health Systems, we take pride in being more than just a hospital: we are Jackson's first hospital. From our beginning in 1911 in an eight-room wooden frame home, we have grown to a hospital licensed for more than 600 beds - the largest private hospital in the state.
In keeping with the three-fold ministry of Christ — Healing, Preaching and Teaching — Baptist Memorial Health Care is committed to providing quality health care.
We will be the provider of choice by transforming the delivery of health care through partnering with patients, families, physicians, care providers, employers and payers; and by offering safe, integrated, patient-focused, high quality, innovative and cost-effective care.
- Compassionate care and service
- Teamwork and trust
- Innovation and excellence
- Respect for the individual and the value of diversity
Online Orientation Instructions
Prior to student experiences, this orientation is required for Nursing Faculty, Nursing Students, Respiratory Therapy Students, Physical Therapy Students, and any other students who come to Baptist for clinical experiences or observation. Students/Faculty will utilize the materials and/or orientations provided to become knowledgeable of facility guidelines, and ask questions when clarification or more information is needed.
"Shadow Students," please wear scrubs the day you observe in the hospital. Before beginning the experience, pick up a badge in the Education Department, lower level and bring the signed Student Signature Pages. We must have them on file.
Faculty new to Baptist
New Faculty Instructions
Welcome to Baptist! We are delighted to host you and your students for clinical experiences on our campus. If there is anything that we can do to assist you, please feel free to contact the Education Resource Center (ERC) at 601-968-1712. The ERC department is located on the Lower Level of the main hospital, near the service elevators.
There are several steps for a faculty that is new to our facility. It is required to have these things done prior to your first day of clinical. We appreciate your assistance. See the following information:
- Call 601-968-1712 to set up a time during business hours for you to go to our Human Resource Department (HR) and have an ID badge made with your picture. HR is located on the second floor of the Medical Arts West Building adjoined to the parking garage.
- Stop by the Security Department Office on the Lower Level and fill out a "Security Card" with your car tag identification, make and model of your car. This is required before allowing access to our medication rooms.
- Please come to the Education Resource Center for a form that allows access to the Accudose Machines on each unit, which are automated dispensing units for medication. It needs to be signed by the ERC department and given to pharmacy.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a room for post conference or computer lab. Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!
Click here for Online Student Roster Form. (XLSX, 53 KB)
After reviewing this material the following forms must be completed. The Student Signature Pages (2) are to be kept at the school in the student's records. The Faculty is responsible to complete the required online Student Roster Form 14 days before starting clinical.
These forms need to be signed by each student and filed with the student's records