COVID-19 Testing in Memphis, TN
Drive-thru COVID-19 Testing at Baptist Memphis
COVID-19 testing is available at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis for anyone 8 years of age and older.
The site is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
APPOINTMENTS ARE RECOMMENDED
Making an appointment in advance is the only way to guarantee you will be tested when you arrive. Those who make an appointment in advance can proceed directly to a fast lane for COVID testing after verifying their appointment time. If you arrive at the test location without an appointment, you will have to make an appointment before you can be tested.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- By phone: Call 901-227-TEST (8378). The call center is open 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- On BaptistOnline: From this page, click on the yellow “COVID-19 Test” button in the blue box. Select a day and time for your test and complete a short form.
- On the MyChart App or Website: From the main menu, click on "Find Care Now." On the next screen, click on "Baptist Medical Group Coronavirus Testing—Memphis Hospital," then select an appointment day and time. If you don't have a MyChart account, you can create one at mychart.baptistonecare.org.
WHO SHOULD BE TESTED?
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (such as new loss of taste or smell, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, repeated shaking with chills (rigors), muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, new onset fatigue, diarrhea and headache), or if you were recently exposed to someone who has COVID-19, you should be tested. If you have difficulty breathing, call 911 or the nearest emergency department before going there.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT AT THE TESTING SITE?
- Remain in your car at all times at the testing site, and follow directional signs.
- Go to the first tent. If you scheduled an appointment, you will be directed to a second tent. If you did not schedule an appointment, you will be directed to a parking area, where you can call 901-227-TEST (8378) to make an appointment.
- A member of the Baptist team will verify your appointment time at a second tent.
- You will be directed to the testing area. Please follow directional signs.
- You should receive your test results in about 7 days.
The fastest way to access your results is through MyChart, our electronic health record. To create a MyChart account, go to mychart.baptistonecare.org. You can also download the MyChart app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
If you see “pending” when checking for your results in MyChart, it means your results have not come in yet.
COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Baptist is committed to showing care and compassion for our patients and their need for visitors during this time. As we move deeper into the COVID-19 pandemic in our region, we have updated our visitor guidelines.