Physician Wellness Program
While you’re taking care of patients, who’s taking care of you?
If you’re a physician who feels overwhelmed, burdened or who needs help, we understand. Nearly half of doctors nationwide are experiencing burnout and impairment. You’re not alone.
We’re here to listen and help.
At Baptist, our Physician Wellness Committee can provide support and guidance. As doctors, we know the realities because we’ve lived them. We understand the absolute need for confidentiality, fear of losing a reputation or credentials, the lack of trust, the legal battles and the quiet despair.
In many cases, physicians are so busy taking care of others, they don’t recognize when they need help. Take a few moments to answer these questions for yourself.
- Do you sense a lack of personal accomplishment?
- Do you find yourself unable to communicate with your family, friends and colleagues?
- Do you have a sense of powerlessness and professional failure?
- Do you feel emotionally exhausted?
- Do you find yourself seeking refuge in drugs and alcohol?
If you answered “yes” to some of these questions, perhaps it’s time to get help.
Our Wellness Team
We are doctors. Our work spans specialties and experiences. We’ve walked the same challenging path and faced the same complex emotional, physical and spiritual challenges.
|Sunita Jain, MD
|Mitchell Beatus, MD
|Desh Sidhu, MD
|Tom Greenwell, MD
|Baptist Women's Hospital
|John Larkin, MD
|Neal Beckford, MD