Mid-South Coronavirus Updates and Resources
The coronavirus outbreak is likely to continue for some months throughout the US. The medical experts and highly trained staff at Baptist are ready to meet the challenge here at home to help ensure the health and safety of our patients, employees and communities.
If you are planning to visit someone at a Baptist Memorial Hospital, please read our revised Visitation Policy.
What do I do if I think I have COVID-19?
BEFORE you go to your doctor, isolate yourself:
- CALL YOUR DOCTOR FIRST to discuss your symptoms. If you need to go in, they will be prepared for you.
- If you don’t have a doctor, please call one of these numbers to be referred to a physician
- If you prefer, a minor med or urgent care center could possibly have more timely openings. Please call ahead so they will be prepared for you.
- If your symptoms are considered mild, staying at home is the safest option.
- If your symptoms are severe, call 911; or, call your nearest emergency room first, then go there.
Watch and share our short video to learn more about stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Help Avoid Coronavirus with These Tips
For most people that catch COVID-19, the symptoms will be relatively mild and will include: fever, cough and shortness of breath. The elderly and those with compromised immune systems are most at risk, but there are steps we can all take to help stop the spread. These tips include:
- Avoid handshakes
- Proper hand washing of at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Coughing into your elbow
- Avoid crowds and practice social distancing
- Stay home if you can by avoiding unnecessary trips
COVID-19 cases in our region
Click on the dots to see the number of confirmed and presumed positive COVID-19 cases in our region.
Baptist’s Coronavirus Response Plan
Baptist Hospital has in place the resources and expertise to address the coronavirus outbreak in our region. And we want to be your trusted source for information on coronavirus and COVID-19. View our Coronavirus Response Plan to see how we’ve prepared for this event, and what we are doing to serve and protect our communities.
Health Care Provider Resources
Useful information and resources for physicians and advanced practice providers in the Baptist community, including regular updates by Baptist leadership, office resources, and links to national and international health organizations.
Visit Baptist's Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) YouTube page to watch interviews with our medical experts.
- Don’t expose others if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Cover your cough with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands, or cough or sneeze into your upper arm.
- Wash your hands frequently and properly.
- Don't touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Avoid people who have flu-like symptoms.
- Reassess travel plans based on CDC recommendations.
- Fever of 100.4° or greater
- Muscle/body aches
- Sore throat
If you have difficulty breathing, please call 911 or call your local emergency department.
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms and were recently exposed to COVID-19, click here.