Health Care Provider Resources
Resources for Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
COVID-19 has had an unprecedented effect on our medical community. Since January, Baptist has been developing and implementing plans to protect you, our employees and our patients from this illness, and we have been preparing to treat a potential influx of patients. We have:
- Begun taking the temperatures of every Baptist Memphis employee and screening them for flu-like symptoms.
- Restricted access to our hospitals and have begun taking all visitors’ temperatures.
- Revised our visitor, business travel and meeting policies.
- Canceled large meetings in our hospitals―including Grand Rounds.
- Put up signage in our hospital EDs and entrances, as well as Baptist Medical Group (BMG) clinics, asking people with flu-like symptoms to report their symptoms to the admissions staff and get a mask.
- Launched an educational communications campaign that includes interviews with our infectious disease experts, a COVID-19 Resources Center and videos.
- Established a toll-free number that anyone can call with questions about COVID-19 (866-941-4785).
Additionally, Dr. Henry Sullivant, our vice president and chief medical officer, and/or Dr. Jake Lancaster, our chief medical information officer, will be providing you daily COVID-19 updates. (see below)
As you know, information and conditions change daily as the nation works toward containing the outbreak. Please check back often for updated information and resources.
Baptist COVID-19 Provider Updates
Regular updates and statistics on COVID-19 and additional resources for physicians and advanced practice providers.
Baptist Resources for Providers
As the conditions surrounding COVID-19 continue to develop, Baptist wants to be your source of accurate, up-to-date information to help you provide the care and guidance our patients need and deserve.
Updated Guidelines for Using PPE
In response to the nationwide shortage of N95 masks, the CDC has broadened its guidelines for using personal protection equipment.
Baptist’s COVID-19 Testing Statistics
Baptist is committed to keeping health care providers informed and providing context to the scope and breadth of the COVID-19 pandemic in our region. We are tracking all COVID-19 testing being performed at all Baptist hospitals and clinics throughout our footprint.
Visit our COVID-19 Testing Stats page for updated numbers of tests performed in your area, as well as all positive and negative results.
National and International Health Organizations
- Information for Healthcare Professionals, CDC.gov
- COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus) resource center for physicians, American Medical Association
- Country & Technical Guidance - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), World Health Organization