Proud to announce our academic affiliation with Vanderbilt University
The new affiliation establishes a framework for collaborative oncology initiatives between Baptist Cancer Center and Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center. Baptist cancer patients will have increased access to VICC clinical research trials and genetic diagnostic tools. Many of these services will be available in local communities through Baptist’s 14-hospital system across Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas.
VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 41 in the country to earn this highest distinction. VICC is also a nationally-recognized leader in personalized cancer medicine.
The goal of this affiliation is to enhance the level of cancer care in the region served by Baptist Cancer Center and Baptist Memorial Health Care and to advance the cancer prevention, treatment and research mission of Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center at Vanderbilt University/Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Joint cancer clinical trails and other research protocols
- Sharing of cancer tissue / bio-specimens for personalized genomic based cancer treatment program
- Joint disease specific conferences and treatment planning tumor boards
- Joint clinical care pathways for cancer care
- Joint scientific collaboration in translational cancer research
- Fellowship training programs in oncology subspecialties
- Participation in National Comprehensive Cancer Network activities as a sub-site of VICC.
- Recruitment of national cancer experts in BCC with assistance from VICC
- Baptist Cancer Center physicians to be eligible for full membership in VICC if qualified
- BCC physicians to be eligible for faculty appointments in appropriate academic departments if eligible
- Joint cancer awareness, public education and cancer prevention programs for the populations served by BMHCC
- Further enhancing the quality of cancer care, research and prevention for underserved populations
Baptist and VUMC will continue to maintain additional relationships with other health care institutions throughout the region.
To view the news release, click here.