Baptist Home Care
Patients look to Baptist as the experts in health care. Through Baptist Home Care, you can receive that same expert care where you feel most comfortable and secure—in your own home.
What Is Home Health Care?
Home health care is a service in which skilled nurses, therapists, and other medical team members provide temporary rehabilitative and curative care for patients in the comfort of their own homes.
Who Is Appropriate for Baptist Home Care?
Anyone whose life is disrupted by sickness or injury and cannot easily leave the home can benefit from Baptist Home Care. However, there are certain criteria and limitations:
- Patients must be homebound. According to Medicare, this means a patient may leave the home only infrequently, and it must require taxing effort to do so.
- Patient must have a need for "skilled" services: physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or skilled nursing.
- Medications are not covered, though certain supplies are.
Baptist Home Care staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and home health care is paid for by Medicare and most private insurance plans.
Along with daily home monitoring services from HomMed, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, medical social workers, and physical, speech and occupational therapists care for patients in the comfort of their own homes on a "visit" basis.
We believe in the dignity and worth of each individual through the promotion of self-care. Home care professionals assist with care during recuperation with the ultimate goal of the patient’s return to self-sufficient functioning.
- Skilled observation and assessment
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Wound care
- IV therapy
- Postsurgical care
- Patient education
- Pediatric care
- Behavioral health
- HomMed Health Monitoring System