Hospitals welcome visitors concerned about friends or family who are
patients at our hospitals. Among our top priorities is the safety of both
patients and visitors. To maintain that safety, please follow these guidelines
when visiting a patient:
- Baptist hospital
campuses are designated as tobacco-free. Smoking or other use of tobacco products
is not permitted anywhere on our campuses. Policy details.
- Please be sensitive to the patient's condition and feelings in determining the length of your visit.
- Please wash hands before and after shaking hands, hugging
or otherwise touching the patient. Please be mindful of any sensitive or painful
areas the patient may have.
- Please refrain from jarring or sitting on a patient's bed
since doing so could interfere with equipment being used to monitor or treat the
- Please be careful not to change any settings and to avoid
contact with any equipment in the room. Pay careful attention to electrical
cords, tubing and wires so that you do not cause them to become compressed in
- Please be sensitive to wearing or bringing items with
strong scents or odors, such as perfume or smoke, into the patient's room as the
scent may be bothersome to the patient.
- Please notify the nurse if you notice any significant
changes in the patient's medical condition during your visit.
- The hospital recommends that each patient have no more
than two visitors at any one time.
- As a general rule, children younger than 12 years of age
are not encouraged to visit patient areas. (Exceptions may be granted by the
charge nurse. Approval must be given for each individual visit, and an adult
must accompany children.)
- Family members staying overnight must stay in the
patient’s room, and only one visitor is allowed to stay in a private room
- Under certain circumstances, each patient’s physician or
nurse may limit the amount of time and/or number of visitors a patient may
- Food and beverages are available in the hospital cafeteria
and vending areas. We ask that all visitors please eat only in the hospital
dining room or in patient rooms. Eating and drinking is not allowed in corridors
or lobby areas. All food and beverages must be covered while being transported
through the hospital.
- Please refrain from talking loudly or running in the