Wait times are updated every 5 minutes and represent the average wait time during the past hour. The wait times listed here reflect the average time between the patient's arrival to the emergency department and when they are first seen by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Memphis Emergency Department
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis Emergency Department is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, to treat you when you need it. Our emergency room (ER) staff sees 65,600 patients annually from Memphis, Tennessee and surrounding areas.
Continue reading to learn about the features of our Memphis ER and to find out where we are located.
Emergency Department Features
- Free parking, including handicap parking, in two open lots adjacent to the entrance.
- Guest Wi-Fi.
- A retail pharmacy that is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
- Vending machines next to the Emergency Department waiting room.
- 24/7 CT scanning and X-ray capabilities, with additional general radiology services available outside of the Emergency Department.
- Use of Baptist OneCare MyChart [PDF], our electronic health record system that allows patients and Baptist staff members to easily reference notes from your Emergency Department visit at any necessary follow-up appointments.
Location of Our Memphis ER
Our 54-bed emergency room is located at:
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis Emergency Department
6019 Walnut Grove Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Call us at 901-226-5000.
How long will I have to wait?
We list the current emergency department wait time at the top of this page. Please note that your condition may have an effect on your ER wait time. Learn how our team determines which patients need to be treated first based on severity of symptoms and conditions.