Memphis Minor Medical Center & Urgent Care
Get quick and easy treatment for your medical needs with Baptist Minor Medical Clinic-Memphis
Tired of waiting in crowded emergency rooms or waiting for doctor appointments in Memphis? Similar to walk in medical centers or urgent care clinics, the Baptist Minor Medical Center-Memphis is open seven days a week for your urgent health care needs. No appointment is necessary, and we feature X-ray capabilities, in-house labs, EKGs, and an expert attentive staff.
Baptist Minor Medical Centers accept most insurance plans and treat both adults and children (12 months and older).
Memphis Poplar Location Details
- Located at the corner of Poplar Ave. & Holmes St. (across from East High School)
- Bilingual Staff available M-F 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Offering some occupational medicine services
What are common conditions treated at Baptist Minor Meds-Memphis?
- Workers compensation
- Flu symptoms
- Twisted or sprained ankles
- Cuts, bumps, and sprains
- Cough, cold, or sore throat
- Skin rash
- Ear infection
- Wound care
- Animal bites
- Preventive medicine
- Sinus infections
Why use Baptist Minor Meds-Memphis for urgent care?
- Avoid long waits at the ER
- Walk in without an appointment
- Most insurance companies offer a lower copay for urgent care visits versus trips to the ER
- Flexible hours: All Baptist Minor Meds are open seven days a week, except for some holidays.
- Receive care from the same licensed professionals as in an ER or primary care clinic
When should I go to the emergency room?
The following may be warning signs that you need more critical care than is provided at Baptist Minor Meds:
- Fainting or unconsciousness
- Choking or difficulty breathing
- Continuous bleeding
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Chest pain
- Upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Head or spine injury
- Sudden, severe pain
- Sudden dizziness, weakness, or blurred vision
- Ingestion of a poisonous substance
- Motor vehicle accident, burns, smoke inhalation, near drowning, or severe wound
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings
Pre-register With Our At Home Smart Phone App
The Minor Med Rest & Relax at Home Smart Phone application gives patients the ability to pre-register and check in to any of Baptist's four minor medical centers in the greater Memphis, Tennessee area from their home or place of work. A staff member will get the patient's information over the phone and call the patient when a room is ready.