Pediatric Outpatient Therapy Persons Served
- Pediatric patients with developmental, sensory/motor, orthopedic, brain injury, and/or neurologic conditions.
- Rancho scale – III (able to follow simple commands in an inconsistent, delayed manner) or higher for inpatients; V (confused, non-agitated, alert) or higher for Next Step and outpatient.
- Meets admission criteria for outpatient rehabilitation and/or the Next Step program.
- Medically stable – able to breathe without the assistance of a ventilator.
- Patients with psychological or behavioral issues are excluded from participation if determined to be harmful to self or others.
- Reasonable expectation to enhance independence and/or participation in a community environment or requires skilled intervention to maintain current status and/or prevent complications.
Age of Persons Served
- Outpatient – Birth through 17 years old.
Baptist Medical Group-Outpatient Care Center serves over 600 pediatric outpatients per year. 7% are 12 years old.