Pastoral Care and Chaplain Services
In keeping with the three-fold ministry of Christ--healing, preaching and teaching--Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle’s Pastoral Care Department helps patients, families and our own caregivers find spiritual and emotional guidance during times of need. We understand that hospitalization and illness/injury causes a particular anxiety and fear as answers are sought in unfamiliar settings.
Chaplains offer pastoral care to patients and/or their family members who request assistance with spiritual concerns. The basic purpose of pastoral care is to offer spiritual care in counseling and prayer for bringing God's peace to those in need.
At times, they can even serve as facilitators of communication among the patient, family, hospital staff and physicians. Our chaplains are available around the clock to provide compassionate care, comfort, and support through listening, prayer and scripture reading and to explore bioethical issues.
Our chaplaincy program strongly believes that an extra hand, a timely conversation or maybe just the comfort of another person can give added support and comfort. Working seamlessly with Baptist teams and local ministers, we are committed to a comprehensive care approach that considers the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of an individual.
How can we help?
- I would like someone to pray with me.
- I just need a friend to listen to me.
- I feel the need to draw strength from my spiritual roots.
- I would like to explore the meaning of this current health challenge.
- I need support during my time of crisis or loss.
- I would like to inquire about better ways to cope.
- I need the sacraments.
- I want to clarify my values regarding a living will or advanced medical directives.
- I would like faith community to be contacted.
For more information about our services, email Chaplain Steve Brown, Director of Pastoral Care at email@example.com or call 662-244-1398 to leave a message.
Our Pastoral Care services include:
- Chaplain visits and Pastoral support
- Supportive spiritual counseling and pastoral care for medical staff, employees and members of the community
- Educational literature and resources available upon request
- Daily Devotional shared via the hospital’s public address system, Monday - Friday at 8:00 am or by calling 662-244-2255
- Gideon Bibles available upon request
- Sacramental and ritual services
- Chapel Services at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Bereavement counseling
- Bio-ethics questions
- Volunteer Chaplain program
- Collaboration with area pastors/ministers to serve the spiritual needs of the community
Weekdays: The Pastoral Care office is open from 7 am-5 pm Monday through Friday. Requests for a Chaplain visit are encouraged by calling 662-244-1398.
Nights and Weekends: A Chaplain may be contacted through the hospital switchboard at 662-244-1000.