Baptist Rehabilitation-Germantown provides individualized patient education utilizing the Paralyzed Veterans Association manual, "Yes You Can", as a primary reference for:
- Level of SCI, Physiology
- Autonomic Dysreflexia (T6 and Above)
- Neurogenic Pain
- Sexuality after SCI
- Skin Care/Pressure Sore Prevention
- Wheelchair Maintenance and Safety
- Risk Factor Management (Cardiovascular, Psychosocial, Musculoskeletal…)
- Medical Nutrition/Weight Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Neurogenic Bowel and Bladder Management
- Spasticity Management
- Pulmonary Care
- Community Re-entry and Resources
Baptist Rehabilitation-Germantown supports a monthly spinal cord support group meeting on the University of Memphis main campus. Meetings take place on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Patterson Hall, room 456.
Baptist Rehabilitation-Germantown coordinates and connects patients to resources available through MASR and the Center for Independent Living.