An Outstanding Rehabilitation Team
At Baptist Rehab-Germantown, your physical rehabilitation team includes professionals from many disciplines, directed by a physician with extensive experience in rehabilitative medicine. The physician remains in direct contact with your rehabilitation team to stay apprised of your progress.
Rehabilitation physicians are medical doctors who have completed training in the medical specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R). Specifically, rehabilitation physicians can:
- Diagnose and treat pain
- Restore maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions
- Treat the whole person, not just the problem area
- Lead a team of medical professionals
- Provide non-surgical treatments
- Explain your medical problems and treatment/prevention plan
Your nurses coordinate your care while making sure your other rehabilitation goals are being reinforced in all aspects of your care. Several of our nurses have completed their rehabilitation registered nurse advanced certification. Your nursing team:
- Assesses and continuously monitors your needs on a 24-hour basis
- Treats complications
- Reinforces therapeutic instruction and activity
- Educates the patient and family on medication administration, bowel and bladder management and skin care
- Helps you manage pain
A team of physical, occupational, and speech therapists are available to provide assessment, education and training related to functional task performance through strength and mobility therapies, improved everyday living skills and improved ability to think and communicate. At Baptist Rehab-Germantown, therapists are highly experienced, many with specialty training and certification in specific treatment techniques.
A variety of other professionals create a well-rounded team for holistic care.