In-kind contributions include meeting space, programs, speakers, health screenings, and services provided in lieu of monetary contributions.
Policies & Procedures for Requesting for Contributions
All requests must be submitted online and be made at least 8 weeks prior to the event/needed by date.
Baptist will consider requests from charitable, non-profit organizations* that meet the following criteria:
- The organization and/or event's purpose fits within Baptist's defined focus areas of:
Health Care - education/prevention of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity; health care services/education and access for those with the greatest need.
Education - programs that focus on math, science and/or health care related subjects; programs that encourage students (especially men and minorities) to pursue nursing and other health care related careers.
- The organization provides proof of qualifying non-profit status, including tax-exempt determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The organization and/or event is located in the community served by Baptist Memorial Health Care corporate hospital facilities.
- The organization and/or event is open to membership and participation by the community without discrimination based on race, color, religion or age.
- Request is submitted at least eight weeks in advance of date items are needed.
*Non-charitable requests will also be considered and judged based on marketing and advertising merit.
Although requests for in-kind contributions from non-profit organizations are evaluated on individual merit, contributions typically are not provided for the following:
- Political organizations or causes.
- Athletic teams.
- Family reunions.
- Beauty contest candidates.
- Churches/religious organizations that or programs that don't meet our focus area criteria.
- Schools outside of Baptist's school partnership program.
- Convention registration packages.
Organizations wishing to be considered for in-kind donations must review our giving guidelines and submit an application online.
Please submit request at least 8 weeks prior to the date items are needed to allow time for review and/or fulfillment of the request.
For information, please contact:
Baptist Memorial Health Care
Community Relations Department
350 N. Humphreys Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120