Giveaways & In-kind Contributions
Giveaways are defined as any advertising specialty item featuring the Baptist Memorial Health Care logo or logos of Baptist entities or programs which is designed to promote BMHCC's community outreach efforts and clinical services.
In-kind contributions include health screenings, services, medical equipment and clinical supplies provided in lieu of monetary contributions.
Policies & Procedures for Requesting for Contributions
All requests must be submitted online and be made at least 8 weeks prior to the event/needed by date.
Baptist will consider requests for promotional giveaway items from charitable, non-profit organizations* that meet the following criteria:
- The organization and/or event's purpose fits within Baptist's defined focus areas of:
Health Care - education/prevention of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity; health care services/education and access for the those with the greatest need.
Education - programs that focus on math, science and/or health care related subjects; programs that encourage students (especially men and minorities) to pursue nursing and other health care related careers.
- The organization provides proof of qualifying non-profit status, including tax-exempt determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The organization and/or event is located in the community served by Baptist Memorial Health Care corporate hospital facilities.
- The organization and/or event is open to membership and participation by the community without discrimination based on race, color, religion or age.
- Request is submitted at least eight weeks in advance of date items are needed.
*Non-charitable requests will also be considered and judged based on marketing and advertising merit.
Baptist encourages and supports our employees'/colleagues' community involvement by providing promotional giveaway items, as quantities allow, for the following uses:
- Career Day presentations in which the colleague is speaking on behalf of a Baptist Memorial Health Care entity and promoting careers in health care.
- Colleague will use items as giveaways at a health fair for an event or organization that meets the above focus area criteria.
- Community events or causes that meet the above focus area criteria.
- Events/activities that include Baptist's target audience(s) or enhance its advertising/marketing objectives.
The Community Relations department will not supply items for use in trade shows, conventions or client/physician relations, family or class reunions. However, we can assist with ordering items at the requesting department's expense.
Although requests for giveaways and in-kind contributions from non-profit organizations and Baptist colleagues are evaluated on individual merit, contributions typically are not provided for the following:
- Political organizations or causes.
- Athletic teams.
- Family reunions.
- Beauty contest candidates.
- Churches/religious organizations that or programs that don't meet our focus area criteria.
- Schools outside of Baptist's school partnership program.
- Convention registration packages.
Organizations wishing to be considered for in-kind donations or free health screenings must review our giving guidelines and submit an application online.
Please submit request at least 8 weeks prior to the date items are needed to allow time for review and/or fulfillment of the request.
For information, please contact:
Ann Marie Wallace
Baptist Memorial Health Care
Community Relations Department
350 N. Humphreys Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120